Save-on-Foods Memorial Centre to require proof of vaccination for all events
For Immediate Release
Friday, August 27, 2021
Victoria, BC – The Victoria Royals and Save-on-Foods Memorial Centre announced their support today for BC’s COVID-19 proof of vaccination program as announced by the province earlier this week.
Beginning September 25th, the Save-on-Foods Memorial Centre will require all guests, staff and employees to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination prior to entering the arena for events, including Royals games.
“We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all our guests, staff and players and we support the BC proof of vaccination program revealed by Premier John Horgan, Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Minister of Health Adrian Dix,” said Gavin Parry, Chief Operating Officer, GSL Group. “We are working hard to ensure we are implementing the appropriate policies for the safety of our guests, players and employees.”
The Royals begin their preseason on September 15th in Kamloops before returning to Victoria on September 25th for their only preseason home game and kick off the regular season October 2nd against the Vancouver Giants at the Save-on-Foods Memorial Centre.
“We’re grateful to have some clarity before we begin our season to create a safe environment for all of our fans,” said GM and Head Coach Dan Price. “We’re thrilled to be able to play with fans in the stands and the players can’t wait to get back on the ice.”
Details regarding proof of vaccination and the entry process for Save-on-Foods Memorial Centre will be announced prior to our first preseason game.