Join the RG Properties Team!
Position: Full Time Arena Operator:
The Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre is now accepting resumes for a full time Arena Operator. We are an entertainment facility that hosts a WHL hockey team, minor hockey, community hockey, numerous professional concerts/shows and exhibitions. A flexible, hard-working and versatile person is required for this position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of equipment operation and equipment maintenance duties.
- Maintenance of ice surfaces
- Assists with set-up and take down of equipment during events.
- Various janitorial duties related to building maintenance and cleanliness including but not limited to painting, net repairs, woodwork, and lighting.
- Responsible for taking plant readings and monitoring plant performance.
- Meets and deals effectively with the public and concert/event representatives in response to their needs for dressing rooms, ice cleanings, and ice usage.
Knowledge, Education & Skills:
- 5th Class Power Engineer, Refrigeration Endorsement/Refrigerator Operator or willingness to obtain within 6 months of hiring. This is a required condition of employment.
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License
- Knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in ice-making, refrigeration
- WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System).
- Current First Aid Level 1
- Forklift operator certificate or willingness to obtain within 6 months of hiring.
- Ability to operate ice making, refrigeration, and resurfacing equipment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on day or night shift.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with staff, public and customers.
The Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre offers competitive pay and for full-time staff, a comprehensive benefits program.
Please email resume and cover letter (in Microsoft Word format) to [email protected] referencing “Arena Operator Job” in the subject line. Resumes & cover letters can also be dropped off in person at the arena via Gate #3, Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Position: Eventium Food & Beverage Service Staff:
If you have energy, motivation, and relevant work experience, then you are the ideal candidate to join the food and beverage team at Eventium at Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre. We hire for the following positions:
- Concession Stand Leaders *
- Concession Cashiers *
- Concession Attendants*
- Concession Runners
- Suite Attendants *
- Suite Runners
- Restaurant Servers *
- Restaurant Bussers
- Bartenders *
- Catering Attendants *
- Warehouse Runner
- Sous Chef
- Lead Cooks
- Prep Cooks
- Concession Cooks
* Must be minimum 19 years of age for these alcohol service positions.
If interested, please forward your resume by fax to (250) 220-2619, attention: Paul Tucker or by email to [email protected] . Please note which position(s) you are applying for.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Position: Event Crew
We are a progressive company who provide event crew for facilities. We currently have openings for individuals who are able to assist with conversions and other physical type duties at the new Save-On-Foods Memorial Arena. The successful candidate should be physically fit and able to do moderate lifting, be self motivated and able to work flexible hours. Although we thank all those who apply, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please forward a resume by fax to (250) 220-7887.
Position: Housekeeping Staff
We are looking for candidates for on-call, part time positions. This will mainly entail evening shifts after games and events. Reliable staff required. Please fax resumes to 250-220-7887 Attn: Mastercare. Or apply in person between 8:30 am- 4:30 pm Monday to Friday @ 1925 Blanshard St. gate 3, Attn: Mastercare.